Why Use WordPress: WordPress is a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that is widely used to build websites. It’s used by over 16.7% of the top 1 million websites and manages over 22% of all new websites. It’s used by large corporations such as Ebay, Yahoo, Ford, Wall Street Journal, Sony, People Magazine, Our State Magazine, Samsung, CNN, Network Solutions, Flickr, Ben & Jerry, General Electronic (GE) to name but a few!
Why Use WordPress? Here are 7 advantages to using WordPress for your website:
1. Search engines love WordPress! As sites using this CMS (Content Management System) will be indexed in the search engines much faster than traditional static websites you’ll have traffic coming to your site sooner rather than later.
2. WordPress has an unlimited number of plug-ins or scripts that do things. Some are things that enhance the experience of visitors to your website such as event calendars, photo & video galleries, etc. and some do important things “behind the scene” such as SEO and XML sitemaps among others. Others have been developed to perform everything from shopping carts to contact forms. These are updated and upgraded constantly so you’ll always have the latest technology and innovations at your fingertips.
3. WordPress is easy for anyone without coding skills to maintain on their own! This means you can add new content whenever you want without having to pay a web designer to do it for you. Yay!
4. WordPress has a great deal of SEO built right in. This enables you to rank well in the search engines. And despite web designer telling you that they do SEO, in my experience most don’t do it very well.
5. These days every business website needs a blog. By having a WordPress site you’ll have one there built right in so you can easily interact with your visitors.
6. WordPress has a built in RSS feed. This means that you have the ability to syndicate your content. This makes it a very useful traffic-grabbing tool.
7. By having a WordPress website you can market it to all of the blog directories. This means you have the potential of reaching many more visitors than a standard HTML website.